Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kirk's Attempt to Emotionally Compromise Spock

James T. Kirk: What is it with you Spock? Your planet was just destroyed, your mother murdered and you're not even upset.

Spock: If you are presuming that these experiences in any way imped my ability to command this ship, you are mistaken.

James T. Kirk: And yet, you are the one who said fear is necessary for command. I mean, did you see his ship? Did you see what he did?

Spock: Yes, of course I did?

Kirk: So are you afraid or aren't you?

Spock: I wll not allow you to lecture me about the merits of emotion.

James T. Kirk: Then why don't you stop me?

Spock: Step away from me, Mr. Kirk.

James T. Kirk: What is it like to not feel anger? Or heartbreak? Or the need to stop at nothing to avenge the death of the womna who gave birth to you?

Spock: Back away from me!

Kirk: You feel nothing! It must not even compute for you! You never loved her! (Fight follows)
-- Star Trek (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment